“I highly recommend Addison for any aspect of commercial law involving Information and Communications Technology - a wealth of knowledge and thorough counsel.”
“I've relied on Addison Cameron-Huff's legal advice since I starting consulting in applied cryptography and Bitcoin full time. Yet it's a testament to his good advice and honesty how little I've needed his services.”
“Addison is a smart, ethical, well-respected, cutting-edge technology lawyer who's professionalism and expertise have served me well for over 3 years. I couldn't be happier.”
“If you own a technology company, or conduct a lot of your business online, I highly recommend you contact Addison for guidance.”
“Addison is an absolute pleasure to work with and his attention to detail is fantastic. He was instrumental in helping us close our acquisition on time and making the process extremely smooth.”
Technology businesses have unique needs and you deserve a lawyer who's focussed on your niche.
A technology expert can also be a good addition to your existing legal team.
Addison can guide your business through everything from commercial deals to anti-money laundering rules.
Addison has worked for two of Ethereum founders and a Bitcoin core developer. He accepted Bitcoin since 2014.
A good corporate structure and contracting framework is essential for the long-term success of your business.
For the later stages of your business: Addison has experience selling programming businesses.
- Key Canadian Laws for Blockchain Companies
- What Can You Do With Bitcoin? Here's What I've Bought with Bitcoin
- Bank of Canada Working Paper Says "Digital Currencies Will Be Counterfeited" - Why They're Wrong
- The Delaware Court of Chancery Also Likes Blockchain
- Blockchain-Based Companies: How Rwanda Could Out-Compete Delaware
Addison Cameron-Huff is co-organizer of the OsgoodePD conference “Critical and Emerging Issues in Blockchain Law”. March, 2017.
Past Speaking Engagements
- “Blockchain Symposium” - Gowlings WLG
- Fintech Regulation Panel - Next Money Toronto
- “Blockchain Evolution” - Canadian Bitcoin & Blockchain
- “Regulating Blockchain & Distributed Ledger Technologies: Challenges and Opportunities for Canadian Innovation” - CIGI
- “TECHxpo 3.0” - Ontario Bar Association
- Roundtable on Artificial Intelligence in the Legal Profession - Queen's Law School
- DEC_TECH (formerly Toronto Bitcoin Meetup) - DEC_TECH/MaRS
- Canadian Corporate Counsel Association National Conference
Addison Cameron-Huff has built (and programmed) his own software businesses from the ground up. He understands your challenges and knows what risks to watch out for.
A global search engine for legislation from 79 countries with 1.55 million laws, including >750,000 translated foreign laws. Clients include the US Department of Justice and Harvard University.
Co-founded with Nachshon Goltz, Ph.D.
Canada's first flat rate legal services marketplace. Operating since 2014.
FlatLaw.ca has around 100 lawyers listing >500 legal services.
Addison Cameron-Huff, Tech Lawyer
Mr. Cameron-Huff provides legal services to technology startups that want to build their business in Canada and go international. He has advised over 100 entrepreneurs and businesses.
Addison works exclusively for tech industry clients.
Notice To Potential Clients
Please only send general information in your initial email and do not include confidential details.
Addison Cameron-Huff's law practice is licensed by the Law Society of Upper Canada.